1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 2:13 PM by MattR907

Acrobat locks up for 10-30 sec after opening file

MattR907

I have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC installed.  When I open a PDF file, the program starts ok, I can then scroll/view the pages for a few seconds.  Then, the program locks up.  Eventually if I keep clicking enough, the Windows header says "(Not Responding)".  Then after a 10-30 sec, the program becomes responsive again.  If I close the program and reopen the same file immediately, I get the same results.  After opening a PDF and getting through the initial problem time, and then I perform Save As, when the dialog window opens, it locks up again.

I have scoured the Internet for help.  Here are a few things I have done with no luck:

1. Edit preferences, security (enhanced) - Protected View Off, uncheck Enable Enhanced Security
      2. Remove Preferences folder from C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC and restart Acrobat.
      3. Help->Check for updates - received update on ~8/14/17.
      4. Help->Repair Installation
      5. Reduce the number of available recent documents to 1.

I operate in an enterprise environment, Windows 10 Enterprise v1607, OS Build 14393.1480, i7 processor, 24 GB RAM, 64 bit.  I have a few network drives connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt