• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collect Media Downloads in bulk

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a long term client moving on from BC. They have 500+ items stored in the Media Downloads module. I need a way of collecting this data in bulk. BC support says there is NO solution to collect these items in bulk. The only solution is for the client to go through every single item and download individually. What a horror story. Business Catalyst or Business Hobbling? Yet another clear failure and shortsightedness of Adobe on a relatively obvious requirement.

If anyone has a solution for managing this please let me know. I have searched the Apps Store and there is nothing in there that will clearly say that the media downloads module can be backed up.

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one way...

1) Add a page with following (update example.com url to match yours):

{module_literature filter="all" targetFrame="_blank" render="collection" collection="datas" template=""}

<pre>{% for item in datas.items -%}

http://example.com{{ item.fileUrl }}

{% endfor %}</pre>

2) Open page in a browser and copy-paste output into a text file

3) From a command prompt run: wget -i text_file_with_list_of_urls.txt (downloads all those urls one after another)

Did you just want the files, or other information stored in the media download/literature module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just want all the files. Honestly I cannot follow what you are suggesting above.Yes I can create a page that will list all modules. It is the next portion that is confusing for me.

BC have confirmed that there is no facility to extract media items in bulk nor are they looking to fix this issue. Quite terrible and poorly thought through. It is almost as though they are punishing anyone wanting to leave BC by quite simply making it as difficult as possible to collect the files you own. Certainly I will not be utilising the BC media module anymore for future clients.

These patch solutions we are constantly required to resort to asking for in the forum benefits no one ongoing into the future.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't follow that I'd suggest contacting a business catalyst partner to help you out... pm me if you like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If he has more then 500 items the above will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines