• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems opening presenter files

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There. For three years I've been using Adobe Presenter to share 'lectures' with my students. But for the first time this year I have two students who can't open the files. They download them - save them to their PC and then attempt to open with adobe DC - but they get a blank screen where the presentation should be - and an error telling them they need to download the appropriate version of flash. Downloading the latest flash player does NOT solve the problem. Any ideas anyone?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did the obvious thing - in having them download the latest ReaderDC and that doesn't fix it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are facing.

Can you please post the complete screenshot of the blank output PDF along with the screen shot of the "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" showing the flash player installed on the machine having issues?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mayank

Apparently the latest flash player doesn't associate with the reader automatically  and so it is necessary to download a flash from this additional menu. The version has to be the NPAPI version and it doesn't matter that the browsers mentioned aren't being used by my students.. Only this version appears to associate with the reader.

Adobe Flash Player needed for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader

Doing so fixed both problems.

This does seem odd though because it still doesn't seem possible to open Adobe Presenter files from a browser. It is necessary to save them to a drive and then open them with a reader. Having to download a separate flash player (on top of the one the user is using already) when nowhere is this made clear troubles me. Is Adobe committed to the Presenter format - and if it is - how long until the format can be opened from a regular browser with the latest flash installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources