• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Lip Sync

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been setting up my character in Photoshop with the main animation in mind to be just mouth movements (lip sync). Watching Okay Samurai's

"Making Your First Character (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial)" and "Building Your Own Animated Face (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial)" on YouTube; I'm under the impression that all you need to do in order for lip sync to work is create the different mouth types, name them accordingly and drop them into a group folder called "Mouth". However when I click save, the images are indeed there in CH's Puppet window, but when I'm in the Scene window they're either all there layered up on top of each other or not at all depending on the Visibility Check Eye Icon thing. There's no change when I talk into my mic, its just a still image.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Sam (:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should work - just make sure you have the lip sync behavior added and armed.

See Red Clay Lips on http://adobe.com/go/chexamples as a good example to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying so fast, I'm not too sure what you mean by added and armed or how to find out if they are or not. Also, I downloaded the red lips and its noticed that I added it in my CH history window, but it hasn't seemed to have done anything in either the puppet, scene or properties window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the red lips:

Make sure the puppet is selected in the project panel (upper left).

Click "Add to new scene" below.

Check to make sure the microphone icon is on under the webcam and that the bar next to it is turning green when you talk.

Check to make sure under the webcam in the properties panel, the "lip sync" behavior has a red dot next to it.

If you do all these steps, the lips should swap out while you talk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines