• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FileReference disabled on Chromebooks?

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client testing a Flash web application on his Chromebook which is supposed to include functionality for saving files to your computer. Files are saved using the save() method of FileReference. This works fine in all browsers on Windows and Mac desktops, and used to work on the client's Chromebook. However, recently, when he presses the 'Save' button which triggers the FileReference, nothing happens - no dialog appears, nor any error message.

I don't have a Chromebook on hand to test this; I've tried walking the client through various plugin and security settings on his Chromebook, but haven't had any luck finding an underlying cause so far. Has Google disabled support for saving via FileReference in ChromeOS or through the browser?

He's using Chrome Version 60.0.3112.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check with the Chromebook experts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No immediate answers, but I found a post that may be similar, and some of the fixes suggested may work for you:

Google Groups

If that doesn't work out at least you're in the right place to look for the same issue, or to post a new question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines