3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 10:48 AM by Thom Parker

Script help - Auto fill combo box from another combo box

jenniferc11972072 Level 1

I have been trying to follow instructions on how to create combo which auto pop another combo and intern that combo box auto pop other cells.  I used an existing sample script and tried to replace there var and objects with mine but it not functioning. Can someone review my script?

I have 6 cells goals, tactics, results, budget, action, tips. Both goals and tactics are combo boxes/drop boxes and the remain four are auto pop from the tact selection.

Please note i am very new to coding and trying my very best.

var oTactRef = {

"Everyday client meetings":{result:"5 referrals", budget:0, action:"Make asking for Introductions a regular part of the client meeting.", tips:"Use these meetings to initiate your new Value Discussion initiative"},

"Phoenix Conversations": {results:"10 refferrals", budget:100, action:"Reignite your current client base by booking meetings to discuss your new brand in-depth", tips:"Let them know that their experience is valuable and that you always welcome their feedback on how you can improve"} ,

"Client Survey Results":{results:"8 referrals", budget:150, action:"Set up reminders to regularly send clients the survey 30 to 60 days before a meeting or anniversary.", tips:"Do NOT mention to your client that you reviewed their client survey responses. They are meant to be anonymous."},

};

var oTactDigt ={

"Sourcing through LinkedIn":{results:"25 followers", budget:0, action:"Search for and add 10-15 clients from your list on LiknkedIn per day.",tips:"Always be prepared withw soft opening"},

"feacebook sponsored post":{results: "30 new followers", budget:1000, action:"Run a sponsored Facebook campaign aimed at the strategic locations you have identified", tips:"Using Facebooks bidding platform for Sponsored posts, we will work with an initial budget of $500 and focus the activity around certain days, times and areas."},

"Facebook activity":{results:"10 new followers", budget:0, action:"Every day visit www.igcontenthub.com and post 1 piece of content to your team page.", tips:"When choosing content to post, make sure to be as relevant to the day as possible."},

};

var oGoals = {

//"Increase New Assets":{Tactics:oTactAss},

//"Increase Share of Wallet":{Tactics:oTactWal},

"Increase Referrals":{Tactics:oTactRef},

//"Increase Insurance Cases":{Tactics:oTactRef},

//"Increase Mortgages":{Tactics:oTactMor},

//"Increase Brand Awareness":{Tactics:oTactBrnd},

//"Increase Volunteer-ism":{Tactics:oTactVol},

"Increase Digital Footprint":{Tactics:oTactDigt}

//"Increase Campaign Use":{Tactics:oTactCamp}

};

function SetListItems(oDataSelection, oListFld)

{

var oListSel = oDatascource.Tactics;

var aItemList = [" - "];

for(var cName in oListSel)

aItemList.push(cName);

var prevVal = oListFld.value;

oListFld.setItems(aItemList);

oListFld.oDataSource = oListSel;

oListFld.oDataSource[" - "] = {results:oDataSelection.results, budget:oDataSelection.budget, action:oDataSelection.action, tips:oDataSelection.tips,};

oListFld.defaultValue = " - ";

oListFld.value = bBlockValueChanges?prevVal:" - ";

}

function  SetFieldValues(cSel, oDataSource, oResultFld, oBudgetFld, oAction, oTips)

{

if(oDataSource && cSel && !bBlockValueChanges)

{

var oItemVals = oDataSource[cSel];

oResults.value = oItemVals?oItemVals.results:"";

oBudget.value = oItemVals?oItemVals.budget:"";

oAction.value = oItemVals?oItemVals.action:"";

oTips.value = oItemVals?oItemVals.tips:"";

}

}

var bBlockValueChanges = (this.getField("Goal_1").value != "");

SetListItems({price:"", budget:"", Tactics: oGoals},this.getField("goal_1"));

var bBlockValueChanges = (this.getField("Goal_2").value != "");

SetListItems({price:"", budget:"", Tactics: oGoals},this.getField("goal_2"));

var bBlockValueChanges = (this.getField("Goal_3").value != "");

SetListItems({price:"", budget:"", Tactics: oGoals},this.getField("goal_3"));

bBlockValueChanges = false;