• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't the CC menu bar icon dim in MacOS on a second monitor?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm running two monitors on MacOS, the Creative Cloud menu icon at the top of the non-focused monitor doesn't dim like every other element of the menu.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.

This may be a slightly unusual circumstance, though I imagine many CC users would have systems that would run into it, and at least a few of them would be bugged by a visual quirk like this.

Is this just me?  Is it deliberate?  If it's the oversight that I think it is, I hope Adobe's developers can address it in a (near-)future update of the CC component that renders the menu bar icon.

-Jonathan

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Well, in that case, I would suggest you to Contact Customer Care, they will be able to share your screen and assist you remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

As you mentioned that Creative Cloud does not dim, try closing the Creative Cloud processed from Activity monitor and check if that helps.

You may also see: Close conflicting processes or applications interfering with Adobe Creative Cloud app update or ins...

Feel free to update the thread for any other questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not help.  I'd already rebooted before even asking the question, and killing and restarting the process didn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan, try turning off the sync and check if that helps.

Please see the steps:

1. Tap or click on the gear icon at the upper right corner of the app, and select Preferences.
  2. Select Creative Cloud and Files from the menus at the top of the window.
  3. To turn file sync off, find Sync On/Off and select Off.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No improvement.  I also can't think of a reason that it would have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in that case, I would suggest you to Contact Customer Care, they will be able to share your screen and assist you remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and ended up directed to this forum.  I'll go back through my CC team manager to see if they can file it as an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just run into this annoying issue.....did you ever find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Are you trying to contact support? Could you please elaborate more on the issue you are facing?

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kanika, I have exactly the issue described by Jonathan in the first post of this thread.

I was hoping he had found a fix since his last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just bought a second monitor and have same problem. Still no fix?

btw the other undimmed icons are 1Password (they just told me they'll look into it) and Siri.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-20 um 10.11.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines