3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2008 1:32 AM by MasterOfAir

how to remove default" invisible borders "

MasterOfAir
      Hello all,

I have made a windowed application (width="1024" height="768"). So it's 1024*768.
      Inside, I load a "mx:Canvas" itself at "1024*768". And I plan to load a SWF inside this canvas at "1024*768".
      But it its showing up as "larger" because it shows some scrollbar on the right and bottom!!

I do not want them, anyone has a suggestion?
      Could it be like a "border property" of the "windowed application" that I should put to "minus 10 pixels" for example??

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: how to remove default" invisible borders "
          MasterOfAir Level 1
          quote:

Originally posted by: MasterOfAir
          Hello all,

I have made a windowed application (width="1024" height="768"). So it's 1024*768.
          Inside, I load a "mx:Canvas" itself at "1024*768". And I plan to load a SWF inside this canvas at "1024*768".
          But it its showing up as "larger" because it shows some scrollbar on the right and bottom!!

I do not want them, anyone has a suggestion?
          Could it be like a "border property" of the "windowed application" that I should put to "minus 10 pixels" for example??

Thanks!

I forgot to mention I also tried the "absolute" setting but it still show some scrolling bar...

• 2. Re: how to remove default" invisible borders "
            MasterOfAir Level 1
            Hi, I update with some screen capture to show you what i mean:

I have made an application and i set the width and height at 1024*768.
            Inside, I load a CANVAS with the same size (1024*768).
            And inside this canvas a swf file with the same size...
            Unfortunately I have some "scrollbar" on the right and on the top!

Is there any properties I am missing, like eventually "border=-20px" or something like this?
            I do not think its link to ABSOLUTE as it works, I was able to put as "absolute"...

In advance, thanks for your comments!

Edit:
            I made two captures for you:

mode design Mode Application

Someone helped me and told me this code:
            quote:

[code]<?xml version="1.0"?> <mx:WindowedApplication preinitialize="onInitialize();" xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"> <mx:Script> <![CDATA[ import flash.display.Screen; import flash.geom.Rectangle; private function onInitialize():void { var screenRect:Rectangle = Screen.mainScreen.bounds; this.nativeWindow.width = 1024; this.nativeWindow.height = 768; this.nativeWindow.x = screenRect.width - this.nativeWindow.width; this.nativeWindow.y = screenRect.height - this.nativeWindow.height; } ]]> </mx:Script> </mx:WindowedApplication>[/code]

But it "does not works" (ie it compile but I still have the scrollbars).

Thanks!
            • 3. Re: how to remove default&quot; invisible borders &quot;
              MasterOfAir Level 1
              Hi,
              I have not resolved the issue (Why its "smaller" than it should be...)
              But I think It is possible that components are" larger" than they appear and take more space....

a "fix" to hide the scrollbar is to put: horizontalScrollPolicy="off" verticalScrollPolicy="off" /
              And that works for me:
              rather than having the proper size, I will cheat by hiding the scrollbars.