• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine low res EXR and high res JPG

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have two identical photos, one in EXR (3000px wide, hdr) and the other one in JPG (16000px wide, non hdr). I want to have the exposure versatility of the exr without losing the definition that the JPG has. Is it possible to combine both and achieve that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really 16000 px wide ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's for a 360 sky texture, for 3d rendering. It's necessary given how much it has to be stretched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can try in Foundry Nuke.

www.yamummy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why would that even be necessary? You could just layer the textures in your 3D program and set the value ranges to be used by the renderer there. Otherwise this would require some heavy surgery with separating the different exposures first, transposing the luminance info to your high-res image and merging everything back to a new HDR document. Doesn't really make much sense to me to jump such hoops, especially if you only have Adobe tools at hand where this is like pulling teeth.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines