• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my work is hidden in Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a multiple artboard AI file that I did a lot of work on. I open it up today and it's like a giant box is over everything, but when I move it, there's nothing behind it. I noticed it did this to me yesterday when I was zooming out pressing "control -". I get this box when I select all. When I right click on the box it gives me options like isolate or release clipping mask.

AI issue 3.PNG

I've done hours of work and there's nothing now. I know it's there because the layers are still there.

AI issue 2.PNG

Please help. I'm using the CC suite. I'm hoping this is something stupid and an easy fix but I can't find any solution on google. I think the battle I'm having is my phraseology.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl Y to go into outline view to confirm your artwork si still there. Ctrl Y to get back to preview.

Save as you file to the .ai format, with pdf compatibility OFF (unless you plan on importing this into after effects or InDesign).

Your file may have gotten corrupted and the .pdf half  was opened instead of the .ai half. In any case you should select item with the clipping make and object >> clipping mask >> release.

Your file will save quicker with the PDF off, and chance of corruption is greatly diminished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines