• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Branched: Lightroom won't recognize my photos 2

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the same problem.I tried to import images from my camera but it can't. Something like this will come out:

What should I do?

• Version of Lightroom

Lr CC 6.5.1

• Operating system

Windows 10

• Camera

Canon EOS 1300D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a permissions problem. The folder you have selected in the Destination area of the Import dialog window doesn't have the proper permissions for your user name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's important to understand what is happening during the import process. First the images have to be copied from the the camera or card to the computer. Second Lightroom imports the images to the database. In reality Lr is just reading all the information about the images, creating previews, and making a note about where they live. They don't actually get put inside of Lr.

The error message is telling you the images can't be copied. This tells you that the problem is happening in step one. The images can't get copied from the camera to the computer becuase you don't have write permission for the chosen folder.

You need to find out what folder the images are being copied to, and then fix the permissions on that folder. The right side panel of the import dialog shows you where the images are attempting to be copied to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines