Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read and Discuss: How to make your logo ready for the customer

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people,

I just published a Creative Pipeline for logos which are customer ready.

Meaning, it explains how to prepare your logos so that the customer actually can use them.

Usually I prepare logos in Illustrator, that is why this may be interesting for you guys as well.

So after reading the Pipeline post, here is a question for you?

What are your strategies to make a logo ready to use for the customer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What are your strategies to make a logo ready to use for the customer?"

When I design a logo for any client, I always "start" with sketches.  No color.  No PNGs.  Customer decides on logo based on the sketches, which are pencil renderings.  Color does not enter the equation until the customer has approved the design conceptual ( pencil sketch ).

The design itself is based on Black and White.  The vector artwork is created using Black and White swatches.  Typography is kept "live" until the customer has signed-off on the logo, then a "copy" of the original is prepared using font outlines.

Next round are color palettes and ( 3 ) different Spot Color versions based on the Black and White artwork previously approved by the customer.  Customer then approves and signs-off on the final vector artwork, now two versions, 1.) Black and White, 1.) Spot Color.  I typically "print" a contract proof and have the customer sign-off on the print proof.

Web versions come later.  Bitmap versions ( if necessary ) can be handled by whoever is following "the branding guide".  That goes for the web people.  So, a branding guide is crucial in the over-all deliverables to the "customer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks 4 sharing, seems very practical!

Unfortunately, I don't have Illustrator. Besides Illustrator & AI, the complex graphic tools, there is a simpler solution - an online logo maker for newbies.

jdanek's comment is pointed, and I remember a tutorial ever says it's necessary to start logo design with sketches, since color will confuse you. A point is: If a logo is ugly in sketches, then it still sucks in colorful world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines