• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Bridge recognize Pentax 55-300mm lens in metadata?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I went to a local beach the other day to take pictures for a photography class and switched between two lenses (Pentax 18-135mm and Pentax 55-300mm) many times during the morning.  Imagine my surprise when the earlier version of Bridge (CS4 I think) showed that all my shots were taken with the 18-135mm lens.  Somebody on the Pentax Forums suggested I download the latest version of Bridge which I did.  Same thing happens in Bridge CC2017 -  All my shots are listed as being shot with the 18-135mm lens.  How do I get Bridge CC2017 to recognize the 55-300 lens?  I'd really like to know, for future reference, which lens I used.  In some cases it will be easy but for shots between 55 and 135 (available on both lenses) it will be impossible to tell which lens I used until Bridge recognizes the zoom lens.  Thanks.  Joyce Keay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

HI Joyce,

Since all other folder are showing the lens profile you are referring to, I would check for Read/Write permissions for the folder that doesn't show the particular lens. Refer macOS Sierra: Set permissions for items on your Mac and File and Folder Permissions

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I guess it depends on which version of that lens you have.

Here's a report of the very same thing over at photoshop.com

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/hd-pentax-da-55-300mm-f4-5-8-ed-wr-not-recogn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the link. I upgraded Bridge to Bridge CC2017 and

initially the lens did not show up but now it does in most folders. I

have no idea why it doesn't show up in one folder in particular. I have

just purchased Photoshop and Lightroom but have not started using them

yet til I run through a couple of books on them. Meanwhile I've been

using Photoshop Elements 14.

Joyce Keay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Joyce,

Since all other folder are showing the lens profile you are referring to, I would check for Read/Write permissions for the folder that doesn't show the particular lens. Refer macOS Sierra: Set permissions for items on your Mac and File and Folder Permissions

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines