Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection Arrow Bug

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -

Last week when I started using Indesign the selection tool started turning into a fuzzy square box, making it dificult to select any objects. Anyone else having a similar issue? I'm using Indesign on a Mac. Thanks!

IMG_5346.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes! That's weird!

You may want to Trash your Preferences.

Trash Preferences ID: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff - tried deleting my preferences but it didn't work unfortunately.

Aman - I am indeed on 10.13 and my GPU performance is also on. The issue is indeed intermittent and random. If I restart Indesign it goes away for 1-2 minutes then reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn off GPU performance, issue should go away. View > Preview on CPU (instead of GPU).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff - tried this and the issue still persists however...when I untick 'GPU Performance' in Indesign's settings, this seems to do the trick! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help!

If an answer is the solution to the problem, please mark it as Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This problem wont be there with MAC OS 10.12..

As Jeff said you can either turn off GPU (but then you wont be able to use its capability in InDesign) or revert back to 10.12 for the time being.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I typed my reply back too soon! I left Indesign running in the background and returned to my document only to find the same issue appearing. Looks like we can rule out GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, few people have observed that issue.

Can you please let us know the following:

1. Are you on Mac OS10.13?

2. Is your Gpu performance on?

3. Do you remember any steps that can help us reproduce and fix the issue? Apparently, the issue is intermittent

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We have isolated this issue, it is mainly present on macOS 10.13, and can occurs anytime whenever cursor related functionality being used like placing/drag-drop/selection etc.

We are actively working with Apple on this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible. However, it may not get fixed with the GM build of High Sierra (10.13), but a subsequent Dot Release.

We will surely let our customer know, once we have more information from Apple.

Workaround:

1) Restart InDesign.

2) Revert back to macOS 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Everyone,

Apple has already released a supplemental update that resolves the cursor issue. Please check out the link mentioned below.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/05/apple-releases-supplementary-update-for-macos-high-sierra-with-variou...

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines