• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right-click search (Google, Bing or whatever...)

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times, I am confronted with a text string that needs a search (I generally use Google) and from within Acrobat I must select and copy the text, then go to the browser and search. I know it sounds fundamentally lazy...but these steps if repeated over and over take time. From the Chrome browser, we can select and then right-click text and "Search in Google" is an option. Acrobat is a much richer environment for working with the PDF but then the constant charade (for instance in a legal document with citations) of select, copy, open the browser, open or find a tab to work in, paste might be unnecessary.

Does anyone know of a plugin that will open a browser and search automatically for text selected within Acrobat? It would be most helpful to me.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

It's a good idea, but currently there's no way of doing it through the right-click menu, as far as I know.

You can submit a feature request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you're interested, though, I've just developed a script that can do it, through a menu or toolbar button.

It's a bit of a hack, but it seems to work. You can contact me privately at try6767 at gmail.com to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good idea, but currently there's no way of doing it through the right-click menu, as far as I know.

You can submit a feature request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you're interested, though, I've just developed a script that can do it, through a menu or toolbar button.

It's a bit of a hack, but it seems to work. You can contact me privately at try6767 at gmail.com to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i am interested in knowing more about it. Google searching a word in adobe will be a huge thing for research work as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's complicated, but possible. Send me an email to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines