• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Effects work properly?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Captivate 2017 (trial version) and I just can't make the preview or SWF work properly. I am using Effects (easy in right, etc.) applied to JPGs or to smart shapes but they are not working right on preview or on publish to computer (SWF/HTML5). It's a blank project, by the way.
They never end on the right spot or look 100% alpha (completely not transparent, and also it will not appear at all except if I put it on the very beginning of the timeline.
Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any help! 😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of the timeline, with the Effect timeline visible? Reason for my question: I want to see if the Effect is not interrupted by a pausing point (see: Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog ).

You talk about publishing to SWF/HTML and to HTML5? The output can be different for effects depending on that choice. How did you test? Preview in Browser (F12) or Preview HTML5 in Browser are the best options in case of a normal project. However even those are not totally WYSIWYG, only after deploying the published project to a webserver will you see the real output. I would not recommend to publish to both outputs at the same time, it is causing some problems since version 9. Stay away from Flash output, End of Life for the Flash Player is in two years.

I sincerely hope you are not using a responsive project, because the situation there is more complicated. Since you talked about publishing to SWF/HTML I don't think that is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you for your help.
That's what I have, it's only a test not a real project. The project is not responsive, it's a blank project by the way. In addition, after publishing I still see things I already deleted from the timeline (the yellow rectangle). I already cleaned the cache but I still see the same old version even after publishing several times the new version. I don't see the yellow rectangle on the preview.
You can see that the JPG (woman) is not ending in its right place and that she's still partially transparent.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since a while publishing both to SWF and HTML5 at the same time is causing issues.

Can you try to publish separately? For SWF output be sure to have Force republish slides checked (screenshot is so small, it looks like it is checked).

Why is that slide so loooooooong? Normally only with a VO clip there is a reason to have a long slide.  Same for the effect, I never use an effect with such a long duration, especially since the motion path is pretty short. There is one interactive object (gree, timeline) but I don't see a pausing point).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources