• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with "serial number you entered is invalid"

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe CS6 Master Collection in October 2013 through my work's home use program (I work for a university), installed it, entered the serial number, and had no issues for three years.  I reinstalled Windows on my PC in August last year, and ever since then, I keep getting the error message below anytime I try to validate the serial number.  I installed an entirely new hard drive today, and am still getting the same error message.  It doesn't matter whether I enter the serial number during the installation or after opting for the trial install, I still get the same error.  The serial number listed in my Abode account for this product definitely matches the number that I entered, as you can see in the screenshot below.

Does anybody have any ideas about how I can get this fixed?

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[NEVER POST A SERIAL NUMBER IN AN OPEN FORUM !!!]

[You have just given your serial number to everyone who read this message before]

[I deleted the number... or people who receive all their forum messages via email]

[When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name]

[you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

that serial number is probably no longer valid (because it's a dated edu license).

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and ask them to validate your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The serial number is for Adobe CS6 Master Collection, and the version I am trying to install is the same (it's the same installation file I used when I first installed the suite in 2013).  I purchased it through a major public university in the U.S. so it should not be one of those cases were the serial number was revoked.

2. Language, region, platform, and license type are still the same.

3. I have tried all of he suggestions mentioned on the page you included a link for.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assuming you're using a valid adobe serial number (6 groups of 4 numbers), you have a mismatch between your installation file and serial number.  ie, you can have a valid serial number, but if it's for program A and your installation file is for program B, you will see an invalid serial number message.

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), platform (eg, serial number is for a mac and installation file is win), license type (eg, education vs enterprise vs individual).

and one of the most common is using a program installation file with a suite's serial number. eg, using a cs6 suite serial number with a photoshop cs6 installation file.  that won't work even though photoshop is included in that suite.  you must use the suite's installation file (and you can choose to only install one program from the suite).

here's official info about that error,  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The serial number is for Adobe CS6 Master Collection, and the version I am trying to install is the same (it's even the same installation file I used when I first installed the suite in 2013).  I purchased it through a major public university in the U.S. so it should not be one of those cases were the serial number was revoked.

2. Language, region, platform, and license type are still the same.

3. I have tried all of the suggestions mentioned on the page you included a link for.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that serial number is probably no longer valid (because it's a dated edu license).

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and ask them to validate your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines