• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving/Exporting All Artboards, Including Names, to Single File

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to save (or export) all Artboards into a single file - jpg or pdf, doesn't matter. That's easy enough but the catch is, I need to also include each individual artboard's name with the asset. I feel like this has got to be pretty easy and I'm just over looking something, but I can't figure it out 😕

(An example would be, let's say I'm designing banner ads or site comps - I would need to see each layout side by side, along with the corresponding name so I know what I'm looking out outside of Photoshop.)

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Indeed, Contact Sheet II requires files selected in Bridge, files added to the GUI, open documents in Photoshop or a folder containing files (artboards are latent):

1) File > Export > Artboards to Files

2) File > Automate > Contact Sheet II

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can use a batch procedure:

Contact sheets and PDF presentations in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Briefly:

(Photoshop) Choose File > Automate > Contact Sheet II

Then specify the images to include and make the necessary settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an error that says "No Image Files were Found," I think because I'm needing to export artboards and not images.

(I tried with all artboards selected and without, the error persisted.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Contact Sheet II requires files selected in Bridge, files added to the GUI, open documents in Photoshop or a folder containing files (artboards are latent):

1) File > Export > Artboards to Files

2) File > Automate > Contact Sheet II

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to make the Contact Sheet, thank you. However, I need like assets to be grouped together. Ex - all 1x3 banners together, all 5x9 banners together, etc. Contact Sheet doesn't seem to offer that functionality?

I'm wondering if there is a way to cheat this by creating a bottom layer or artboard and exporting that with all of the above layer/artboard content on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on how the files are added. Pointing at a folder of images, the files are processed alphabetically, starting at the top left across the first row, then left to right on the second and subsequent rows.

If adding the files manually to the Contact Sheet II GUI, then you can control the order.

So it will come down to the names of the files, how they are added, which files are selected per batch and the number of columns and rows as to how the images are placed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines