• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update lightroom from creative cloud

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new camera and its file RW2 is not recognized by my LR which has camera raw 9.9  I know I need camera raw 9.12 but when I go to creative cloud, it says that LR is up to date and there are no more updates.  I tried uninstalling and re -installing creative cloud but that did not work.  I thought perhaps it was a problem with my operating system so I updated my MAC to the latest version of Sierra.  What are my options?  Do I need to uninstall and reinstall LR and if I do so what will I lose my collections, presets, etc? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

no, but make sure you have everything safely preserved, https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can update to 6.12 directly, Download Photoshop Lightroom by clicking the 6.12 mac os update, downloading the setup.dmg and then installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the download photoshop lightroom link as suggested, found the latest update and downloaded it.  Then when I tried to use it, I got the following error:  "This patch is not applicable to you.  Please check for updates in the help menu in your product to see a list of latest updates available."   This is going in circles, because neither the help menu or the cc desktop say that there is an available update - yet I am running 2015.9 when I know there is a 2015.12 available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attach a screenshot showing the version of lr currently installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 8.29.34 AM.png  Here is the screenshot of the version of LR that is already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account to verify your subscription is what you expect and to verify your adobe id (used in the next step), https://www.adobe.com/account.html

if your account shows

a. your subscription is active,

1.  sign out and then back in to your cc desktop application using the same adobe id above to verify your subscription:  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

2.  if that fails and the cc desktop app shows your lr is up-to-date, use the cc desktop app to uninstall your lr

3.  restart your computer and reinstall lr

if your account shows

b. you have no subscription and you're paying for one

1. using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed out and signed back in - so I the next thing to do is to uninstall LR and reinstall it. Will I lose my presets and collections if I do that?

Thanks,

Doris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, but make sure you have everything safely preserved, https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much -- this will have to wait a few days so I can make sure I have time to do everything properly.   Luckily, there seem to be a few awkward work arounds the RW2 problem.  LR is working fine on a very small laptop I have and I was able to update it without a problem.  I guess I can always use the old computer to import the RW2 files, change them to DNG files and then export them to a flash drive, and then import them into my main computer.  Awkward and time consuming, but for now, it feels like a better solution than risking losing settings.  I'll uninstall and re-install LR when I feel I am not rushed by other things.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines