• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic Lumix G Vario Lens DNG File Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DJI Inspire Pro with additional lenses, never had an issue with DNG files in Lightroom / Photoshop until I started using a Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm lens.

The DNG files will import and preview the internal JPG image, but LR states an error and can't work with them. After multiple attempts to make them work, using DNG cleaners, I tried Corel PaintShop Pro, and it reads them fine. I have to export as TIFFs that increase the file size by 300% and they will then work in LR/PS...

Why is it doing this? How can I make  DNGs work in LR/PS without converting them?

I'm using the latest versions or LR/PS on PC running Windows 10.

Examples of the files are here, the DNG that doesn't work and the converted TIFF that does: Adobe Files - Google Drive

Thanks,

Darrell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darrellm66609896  wrote

I'm using the latest versions or LR/PS on PC running Windows 10.

I'm unfortunately not answering your question. I would just point out, that:

1. The latest version changes with the time. Please use absolute version numbers.
  2. According to my Workstation, I'm running the latest version of LR, but, due to an unspecified problem, it is not the latest version.

For those reasons, please use absolute version numbers.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to answer my question now??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I will not answer your question, as I'm not qualified to answer this. I just mentioned that it is best practice to name the versions instead of saying "latest version", as this can be very misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could have just wrote:

I have no idea what the problem is, but it would be best if you mentioned the version numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂 That's what I said. I'm not answering your question! I can't because I do not have your hardware at my disposal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Oh my.

I've attached a link to the file... Want to try and open it on yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the version 2015.7 of LR CC and 2017.0.1 of PS CC on PC running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone from Adobe on here that can solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe folk don't show up here so much, but they do at Photoshop Family Customer Community  . That would be a good place to post a bug report.

And I imported your DNG file and got a message when I went into the Develop module: "It depends on an unsupported case." I've never seen or heard of that message, and I have no idea what it means. Google hasn't heard of it either.

My best guess is that it's a bug with a camera and lens combination that Adobe has never tested. It would be a good idea to file a bug report at the above-mentioned website.While you wait for a bug fix, you probably need to shoot JPEGs rather than DNGs with that lens on your camera.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the message:

2017-08-21 15_23_24-5-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Develop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines