• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

chrome_elf.dll missing error and HKCU registry keys

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to build a new install of Adobe Reader DC (17.012.20095) for deployment to our PC's using the customisation wizard and am experiencing a number of issues.

The first issue is that the customised install continuously throws errors when launched about chrome_elf.dll not existing, a full unaltered install places this file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroCEF

I assume something in my customisation removes this from being installed but how do i stop Reader from looking for it?

The only workarounds seem to be building in something to copy the file or by deleting RdrCEF.exe and RdrServicesUpdater.exe from the directory which will both resolve the issue but would i rather Adobe fixed the underlying issue with the installer or customisation tool.

The second issue relates to adding in HKCU entries into the customisation wizard and them not working and ending up in  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\[RegistryHiveName]\Installer\Migrate

This same issue was reported in 2015 but still does not seem to be fixed?

[Acrobat Reader DC] HKCU registry keys are not replicated for each user as for Adobe Reader

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am the same problem. Fix the problem with the default browser setting.

K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still an issue after an update to 2019.008.20071

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines