• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 4.2.1 PCM sound on Blu-Ray

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a 1920x1080 50i file which will burn to Blu-Ray, but I need it to have uncompressed sound. All I can find in AME is AAC sound which I don't want. I used to be able to use PCM sound when I had Encore, but since I upgraded CS4 to 4.2.1 Encore has not worked.

Can anyone help me with any way of getting PCM sound, preferably by using Encore so I can also use chapter markers etc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean 25i (literally 50i is not supported on the Blu-ray spec: Encore-supported Blu-ray Formats ).

To get help with Encore, ask in that forum:

Encore

For Blu-ray, use the BD format options in export. H.264 Blu-ray format or MPEG2 Blu-ray. Pick your preset (HD 1080i 25). The audio tab for each has PCM as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

25 fps interlaced.

I exported as H.264 Blu-ray with PCM sound and no multiplexing (which is the default option).

When I try to burn it in Imgburn it says "Write error. Incompatible format."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For export I used:    HDTV 1080i 25 High Quality,   Multiplexing None,   VBR 2-Pass,   PCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried 1440x1080 i 25 High Quality and changed it to 1920x1080, and exported it with Multiplexer None. This exports but won't burn to Blu-ray in Imgburn. Then I tried it with Multiplexer TS, but this won't even export.

I used to be able to export from CS4.2.1 and then burn to Blu-ray in 1440x1080, but nothing works in 1920x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export timeline as wave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann. What do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in your export settings for waveform audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I dont understand if you export with the BD H.264 preset from Pr cs4 you have got pcm audio (which is a wave btw)

Multiplexer set to none.

BR H.264 encoding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only burn iso/image/folder with Imgburn, not single files. They need to be authored first.

Can you use Encore without Dynamic LInk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that explains why my file will not burn. Encore is faulty as I explained in the Encore forum. I will try to get it going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember now! Hopefully the fix in the Encore forum will work. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore is fixed! See Encore forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great for Blu-ray, but how do I export an H.264 file for viewing on the computer with PCM sound?  It only seems to have AAC, and AAC sounds horrible for some sounds so I only want PCM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont. H.264 does not have pcm.

If it sounds awful its not edited correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with editing: on a certain trumpet sound AAC has a nasty little high-frequency edge to the sound which is not present in PCM, and no I haven't altered the frequency response.

So I can't watch in the computer with uncompressed sound?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export 2.pngExport 2.pngAdvanced.pngproject.jpgAdvanced.pngExport 3.pngproject.pngExport.pngAdvanced.pngI'm still having trouble trying to burn to BR. I did the full transcode in Encore OK, but when I try to burn to BR it says "Interpretation: Write Error,   Synchronise Cache failed, Reason: Write Error

These are the settings I am using. Sorry a lot of these screenshots are duplicated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's anotherbuild.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the origin of the file, Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is in Videos Desktop and is a 12.5 minute Uncompressed Microsoft AVI file imported to Premiere, to which I've added 3 extra little shots in Uncompressed Microsoft AVI and 2 short bits of music in PCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its much easier to export from Premiere and import into Encore instead of using DL and letting Encore encode.

Use preset as shown in my screendump. Multiplexer set to none.

Import 2 files into Encore (files must show Dont Transcode).

Make menu and burn. Or better yet make image/iso and let Imgburn burn to disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that using your settings except I couldn't find USE MAXIMUM RENDER QUALITY.

When I import both files to Encore, under Transcode St it says Untranscoded, and under Transcode Set it says Automatic.

I can't build because the Build button is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking under the Blu-ray transcode status column?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the little hamburger fly out menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says Don't Transcode for both video and audio assets.

In Build tab   Check Project there are no problems,  but Build button is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines