Sorry to find you in this trouble.
Since when are you facing such issue, does it also happen with a new file?
It might also happen because of preferences.
Please try the following steps see if any of them works.
Solution 1: Reset Preferences
- Make sure Adobe Muse is not open.
- Go to the following path in Windows Explorer. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming
- (Replace <user_name> with your username)
- Look for a folder named as "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION" and rename it to "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION_old"
- Go to Following location ~/Library/Preferences
- Rename the following folder by adding "_old" at the end of them
- com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION and AdobeMuse
Now try to launch Muse and check if it works
Solutions 2: Uninstall and Reinstall
Uninstall Muse from Creative Cloud application
During the process please click "Yes Remove Preferences"
Once Muse is uninstalled and reinstall it and try to launch
Did Ankush's reply help solver your issue? Do you need further assistance?
If your issue was resolved with the provided solution, can you try to mark it as correct for the benefit of other users?
Hi Ankush, thanks for looking at this.
Uninstall/install/delete prefs seems to be the stock answer here. I don't think you realise how time consuming and disruptive this is for us. It's usually one of the first things I try if there is a serious issue - I reinstalled Muse a couple of months ago when the issue first appeared.
This time I deleted prefs as you suggest but the problem remained - didn't try the uninstall thing yet again.
But I did find a work-wround - at least it has worked for the last document I had problems with. Very quickly after loading up the file I switched off the Thumbnails check box at the top left of the app frame. The document seemed to work from then on. I have also updated to the latest version (2017.1.0.821) since asking about the issue.