11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2017 1:50 AM by pedrofernandes-sm

Photoshop Font Rendering Changes While Working (Problem)

pedrofernandes-sm Level 1

Hi,

Anyone else has this problem where the font rendering changes, all of a sudden, and while you're working? Here's an image to illustrate the problem:

Screenshot 2017-08-21 17.32.09.png

As you can probably guess, the font family is the same (happens with probably all my fonts, haven't tested ALL, maybe it's file-type related?), as is the weight, size, line-height, everything is the same. I'm also not exactly a newbie with PS and tried a lot of techniques that might affect. The first thing was obviously the anti-aliasing tool. Opening, closing the file, the software, etc.

This happens, mostly, after applying a transformation on the text (cmd+T). After that, i cannot switch back to the same rendering. Doesn't happen consistently, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

There is also a side trouble. After transformations, the font size and line-height changes randomly: ex, from 16pt to 16.12pt. This is something that happens all the time and, maybe, it is related to that problem.

Any help or insights on how to solve this would be appreciated.

I'm on a macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and the absolute last version of PS at this time of writing.