Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

an unexpected end-of-file was encountered

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 12.51.57 AM.png

this error occured... I tried uninstalling my photoshop and reinstall and this still appeared just for one particular PSD file... is there anywhere to revive this file again or am i officially doomed?

much help will be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were you trying to do.  It seem likely that some file use in the process may be corrupted. The problem may not be in Photoshop you may be trying to process a corrupted file.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was trying to open a file, and that appeared. It was fine yesterday... will i be able to retrieve this file ever again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you activated "time machine" backup feature on that mac? If yes, you can easely retrieve the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using windows operating system maybe you can try to check the disk integrity...

Please make a chkdsk on the disk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using a mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload the PSD file you are having problem with to a file sharing site. Post a link to it here and describe what you do that results in that error.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mtd.psd - Google Drive there you go.... i just basically try to open the file. and the error popped up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem i had solved for only $5 (not $40-$60 like the other softwares) Go to Online File Repair Service: An online service for repairing damaged files and corrupted documents - Online File Repair Service . Enjoy and you're welcome!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines