Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import ORF Olympus OMD E-M5II not view thumbnails

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have seen similar messages in forum but I doesn't find answer. I have new camera OMD E-M5II, I have updated Lightroom to  the last version, and in the page of importing pictures I don't see the thumnail, I see and icon  ORF. After import I see the thumbnails correctly. I attach the text of version.

I use MAC OSSierra . Thanks.

Versión de Lightroom: CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ]

Licencia: Creative Cloud

Sistema operativo: Mac OS 10

Versión: 10.12 [6]

Arquitectura de la aplicación: x64

Cantidad de procesadores lógicos: 2

Velocidad del procesador: 3,0 GHz

Memoria incorporada: 16.384,0 MB

Memoria real disponible para Lightroom: 16.384,0 MB

Memoria real usada por Lightroom: 627,0 MB (3,8%)

Memoria virtual usada por Lightroom: 1.453,1 MB

Tamaño de memoria de caché: 57,4MB / 3.864,7MB (1,5%)

Número máximo de subprocesos que usa Camera Raw: 2

Optimización de SIMD de Raw de cámara: SSE2

Memoria virtual de Camera Raw: 27MB / 8191MB (0%)

Pantallas: 1) 1920x1080

Información de procesador gráfico:

ATI Radeon HD 4670 OpenGL Engine

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3 ATI-10.2.37

Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 4670 OpenGL Engine

LanguageVersion: 3.30

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Curiously, my LR CC 2015.12, on both OS X 10.12.6 and Windows 10, show the sample file's thumbnail correctly in the Import window:

OS X Preview and Adobe Bridge are both able to preview the file (reading the embedded preview).  And the ExifTool utility is able to extract the embedded preview and doesn't show anything out of normal in the file's structure.

So the issue may be caused by something particular to your configuration.  I have just two (weak) suggestions:

- Try completely uninstalling and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to deactivate the GPU support?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried now and not work the result is exactly the same. ??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the page of importing pictures I don't see the thumnail, I see and icon  ORF. After import I see the thumbnails correctly.

Please upload a sample photo to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link, so we can take a look at it in detail.  I suspect that for some reason LR isn't able to read the JPEG preview that should be embedded in the raw file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to orf file

Hola,

Este es un enlace a “P8170013.ORF” en mi Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fihbt3adzfteobe/P8170013.ORF?dl=0

Enviat des del meu iPad

El 21 ag 2017, a les 21:28, johnrellis <forums_noreply@adobe.com> va escriure:

Import ORF Olympus OMD E-M5II not view thumbnails

created by johnrellis in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

in the page of importing pictures I don't see the thumnail, I see and icon ORF. After import I see the thumbnails correctly.

Please upload a sample photo to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link, so we can take a look at it in detail. I suspect that for some reason LR isn't able to read the JPEG preview that should be embedded in the raw file.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9779760#9779760 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9779760#9779760

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Este mensaje y sus ficheros anexos son de uso exclusivo del destinatario. Si usted no lo es, le pedimos que lo elimine inmediatamente sin hacer copia o divulgación del mismo, ya que puede contener información confidencial cuyo tratamiento está sujeto a restricciones legales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Curiously, my LR CC 2015.12, on both OS X 10.12.6 and Windows 10, show the sample file's thumbnail correctly in the Import window:

OS X Preview and Adobe Bridge are both able to preview the file (reading the embedded preview).  And the ExifTool utility is able to extract the embedded preview and doesn't show anything out of normal in the file's structure.

So the issue may be caused by something particular to your configuration.  I have just two (weak) suggestions:

- Try completely uninstalling and reinstalling LR. That infrequently addresses strange issues.

- Submit a bug report to the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs to be reported: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community (Adobe product developers read everything there but are rarely seen in this forum.) Be sure to include the output from Help > System Info, the link to the sample file, and a screenshot of the Import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines