Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Warning Error

Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project produced in Version 6. Works find and everything is OK. However now I can not add/import any new files with images because it comes up with a generation error. The warning error says that a file can not be copied from the source folder to the destination folder, reason: source does not exist.

Now when I look at the file path, its doubled up for some reason, it has " C:\SDKB\Prebuild\C:\SDKB\Prebuild\Support Centre Documentation\Desktop Systems\How to...Log a call to HP_files\image007.png" cannot be copied to" C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Knowledgebase\ C:\SDKB\Prebuild\Support Centre Documentation\Desktop Systems\How to...Log a call to HP_files\image007.png". reason: source does not exist.

In Bold: 1st: Shows the source folder name, 2nd: Shows the destination folder + the source folder???

I thought it might have been the word import failing but it happens if I import a .htm with images too and the generation of the files fail.

Whats going on? I would rather not start from scratch again, any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just did a Word count on that path (without the dupe), and it's 106 characters (with spaces). I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover that this is the issue.

If you copy a .doc or .htm file to the C:\ root and then Import it, do you still get the problem?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp