• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and onedrive.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does lightroom store catalogs on MS onedrive. I have turned Onedrive off several times, but still everything reverts to being stored there. This has caused me numerous problems. I have reorganized my pictures folder, then tried to have Lightroom reinstall the photos in a new system, but guess what? I have Lightroom put things right back where they were. I am sick of this. Llightroom has become a nightmare. WTF am I supposed to do? Bridge is perfect, just where I want things. Lightroom has a mind of it's own. Anything that is this complicated and difficult to learn can become an unnecessary. Maybe I should look into another program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

OneDrive does only sync the folders it is configured for. This can be changed in its settings.

Choose which OneDrive folders to sync to your computer - OneDrive

Lightroom does not interact with OneDrive and change anything on its own. As Theresa already said, you decide where to put the images and/or tell LR where to copy the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can and should be in control of where your images are, not Lightroom.

First, put your images on the hard drive of your choice, organized the way you want them.

Next, import these folders into Lr but make sure that ADD is chosen at the top of your screen, not COPY. This points Lr to the location of the images without moving or copying them someplace else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OneDrive does only sync the folders it is configured for. This can be changed in its settings.

Choose which OneDrive folders to sync to your computer - OneDrive

Lightroom does not interact with OneDrive and change anything on its own. As Theresa already said, you decide where to put the images and/or tell LR where to copy the images.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines