• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super-wide highlighter when I print a document to Adobe format.

Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for about 6 months and this has never been an issue, but in the last week (?) if I try to print a document to .pdf format, the highlighter goes nuts and will not select a single word or line of a sentence.  I cannot 'find' words or phrases for the article, even if I run the feature that "recognizes text in this file or multiple files".  Surprisingly enough, I have seen other posts about this exact same issue posted from other users who did not receive a satisfactory answer.

This was not an issue 1-2 weeks ago, so what's up?  What has changed in the last 10 days that prevents me from using the highlighter appropriately?  Game is on, Adobe, your move.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derekm,

As you have mentioned above, you are experiencing an issue with highlighting PDF and searching word in PDF.

Please try once to repair the installation.

If you are on Windows, launch the application and go to Help menu > Repair Installation.

Make sure that the application is updated to the latest patch released.

You may refer this help link for information on latest updates Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

If you still experience the issue, then please let us know the following things:

- Adobe Acrobat DC dot version

-OS on your system

- Are you experiencing this issue with all the files or with some particular files?

-What happens when you try to search word in PDF?

- What happens when you highlight the PDF? It will be helpful if you can add the screenshot for the same.

To add the screenshot here, please use the insert icon provided on the reply window as shown below:

Capture screenshot.PNG

Once you click on this icon, you get a small window.

Click on Insert Image and then browse the location where you have saved the screenshot file.

Select the file and click on Open > Insert Image.

Let us know if you have any questions.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem off and on. It takes on a large oval shape or highlights most of the page. Quick fix....print the document out as an adobe document. Tap on the printer icon and if you receive the message it won't print since the document is open....close it out and reopen it. Hit the print icon again and you should receive the dialogue as to where you want to print it. Instead of your desk printer select adobe and print out another document and save it. You should be able to go into edit and choose add text and highlighting is back on track. This also works for other issues as well. Richard Miami Fl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines