• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of video prior to adjustment layer

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'm a newbie so there may be a simple fix, but I can't find it!

I have a nested sequence of clips inserted into another sequence (master).  Once in the master sequence I apply time remapping to two sections of two different clips, and add an adjustment layer and a black video layer to create a VHS fast forward effect.  One of the fast forwarded sections works fine but the other loses video prior to the adjustment layers.  The point of loss of video corresponds with a change in clip and does not move if I drag the adjustment layers a bit to the right.  If I drag them a lot to the right but still within my nested sequence, the video loss stops.

In all cases the video plays fine directly under the adjustment layers.  The video also plays fine in the original sequence and the nested sequence.  It also plays fine if I select the eyeball symbol to switch off the two tracks containing the adjustment layers (but both must be switched off, not just one or the other).

I have read of problems with black video below adjustment layers, but not this problem where the loss is offset to the left.

Can anyone help?!

In the screenshot below the blue marker shows the point immediately after which video is lost:

Below, the blue marker marks the same point in the original sequence:

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help?  I've found it to happen on another sequence now as well.

It would appear the affected videos are 3840x2160, the others are 1920x1080.  I have scaled to fit the 3840 clips, and have just tried setting to frame size with no improvement, the sequence is 1920x1080.

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to understand what you did but got stuck.

Doing all kinds of stuff on one clip might be too much.

Try rendering to an intermediate file instead of nesting. That is what I do if things dont work for some unknown reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, I'm still trying to understand what I did!

Just exported the sequence to see whether it turned out better once exported, but no, still got balck video patches.

Don't believe I'm doing anything too strenuous with any one clip, at worst I have a clip that:

Is scaled down

Has a transparent layer above it with a cropped timecode in it

Is then nested

The nested sequence is inserted in to another sequence alongside other clips

The nested sequence has one or two segments speeded up to 320%

Above the points it is speeded up are two black video layers with warp effects to simulate VHS fast forward

Above all of this is a Lumetri adjustment layer

That's as crowded as it gets, the rest of the video is basically clips with transitions a very occasional caption, and the Lumetri adjustment sitting above.

I have previously created and exported the same video (without the nesting however), with no problem.

I'll try what you suggest regarding rendering.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nested sequence is inserted in to another sequence alongside other clips

If I understand correctly, that might be your trouble.  Premiere Pro works fine when nesting sequence A into sequence B, but if you try and nest B into C, things go weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right that I'm not using nested sequences correctly.  I first created my edited video, then wanted to put a timecode in that sped up with the fast forwarded sections.  I took the relevant clips and pasted them in to a new sequence, removed the time remapping that I had already applied in the edited video, added the transparent layer with the timecode, then re-applied the time remapping.

Once I'd done this I nested the sequence and dragged it back in to my original edited video.

I assume I should really have done everything that I needed to in the original edited video sequence, then nested, then applied the time remapping?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should really have done everything that I needed to in the original edited video sequence, then nested, then applied the time remapping?

Yes, try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines