4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2008 7:03 AM by Newsgroup_User

Can't install Flash Player

Knicks44
      I cannot install flash player on Windows XP Pro. I did everything that the tech notes said and it still won't install. Just says can't install there is no error.
        • 1. Re: Can't install Flash Player
          Sundance62
          I too have been unsuccessful in installing Flash Player to Windows XP. I keep clicking on "Install Now" and nothing happens. Have you had any further success and, if so, how?
          • 2. Re: Can't install Flash Player
            Knicks44 Level 1
            No I haven't. And I have no idea what else to try.
            • 3. Re: Can't install Flash Player
              petraanima
              i have the same issue. and i have tried everything on the troubleshooting page and it still doesnt work. i decided to call adobe in hopes of assistance and they spoke very rudely to me. they simple said they can't help because the product is free and we need to buy something for help. and even if i did buy something they cant assist us with flash. they are so rude. i would love to rant, but this isnt the time for it. i just want help. adobe should train their staff to help with flash since it is the most used of all their products, not just tell us to read a page and do it on our own. thats why they are there, to help, not give useless advice that we can find on the website.
              • 4. Re: Can't install Flash Player
                Level 7
                petraanima wrote:
                > adobe should train their
                > staff to help with flash since it is the most used of all their products, not
                > just tell us to read a page and do it on our own. thats why they are there, to
                > help, not give useless advice that we can find on the website.

And how do you expect they could possibly do it?

Considering every one has totally different tech specs of the machines, running
                gazillion of different drivers, applications, these drivers and applications versions
                and subversion...
                Bunch of utilities and whatnot, browser versions, java versions, plug ins and stuff...
                It's physically impossible to be able to troubleshoot player problem beyond the obvious
                which are in tech notes. There is just no way to be able to test these scenarios and built
                all kind of machines to cover any possible spec with all the applications out there.

Unfortunately, "Can't Install/ Can't Run Player" posts are very rare. 1 out of few hundred
                which makes it about 30 posts a year, among all the other thousands... Too little to establish
                common culprit with too large variety of settings and specs even on these few posts.

Clean the OS, reload all from scratch and see from which moment you start having problems.
                What application cause it. You will then know... the only way...

Side Note in regard to Support Service.

I did talk many times to Macromedia and Adobe support, and I believe you are not being honest
                in your statements. I could and did complain about many things when comes to both companies,
                but when comes to the support, they have been always very helpful and I have been using over
                the phone service for over 10 years... Not able to help - yes, happened , but rude - Never !!!

--
                Best Regards

Urami

--
                "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
                If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
                </urami>