• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird stroke on shapes

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to illustrator, but I have limited experience with photoshop. I originally made a small crescent moon shape in illustrator, and then moved it into photoshop as smart objects. Whenever I edit the smart object in illustrator, the stroke changes and gets this strange distortion. But when I save the smart object, the appearance doesn't change in photoshop. This is what the shape looks like in photoshop.

moon photoshop.PNG

This is what the shape looks like in illustrator.

moon illustrator.PNG

When I first made the shape, the stroke was fine, but now all new shapes in illustrator have this distortion. So far though, it is only the shapes that are affected. As you can see in the illustrator image, the stroke created with the line tool looks normal. If I change the stroke definition on the shape, the stroke will change, but it will still have the distortion. I must have accidentally changed the settings somehow, because not all strokes are affected. Any help with this would be deeply appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 10, version 1703. Here's a screenshot of my current illustrator screen. Text is also affected by this issue, but lines are not.

illustrator screenshot.PNG

For some reason, whenever I click anywhere on my canvas, the brush definition changes to this:

brush definition.PNG

I'm pretty sure this is the problem, but I can't figure out how to fix it. If I change the brush definition and then click anywhere, it defults back to the above brush. I've also never used that brush definition, so I'm not sure why it's suddenly decided to defult to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try View > Preview on CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

This definitely helped me with a similar issue.

I know this was a problem when they first released CC 2015. Did they still not work out the kinks on this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your GPU needs to support this. It's not always Adobe's guilt. Current graphics drivers, however, may be of great help...and a supported graphics card.

But for me, Illustrator works fine even without GPU support.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines