• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving as .jpeg not an option on this file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to save a photo i made today and when i hit "save as" it didn't give me the option to save as .jpeg? this has never happened before, how can i fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Jpeg only supports 8 bit depth.

If you use Save As from a 16 bit file to jpeg it will be converted to 8 bit when saved.

32 bit to 16bit/8bit conversion involves tone - mapping. So you need to convert from 32 bit to 16 bit or 8 bit as a separate step.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What is your image mode and bit depth ? (From image menu)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that i was in 32 bit mode, when i changed to 16 bit, it showed up again. Why is that do you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that i was in 32 bit mode, when i changed to 16 bit, it showed up again. Why is that do you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jpeg only supports 8 bit depth.

If you use Save As from a 16 bit file to jpeg it will be converted to 8 bit when saved.

32 bit to 16bit/8bit conversion involves tone - mapping. So you need to convert from 32 bit to 16 bit or 8 bit as a separate step.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines