This is a challenging problem that I have reduced down to the
bare minimum and it is still reproduceable. I have built a minimal
AIR application and added a SWFLoader to it which loads a SWF file
named "Junk.swf" using an absolute path.
This works fine if I run the application from within Flex3,
however when I build an installer, install the application to my
windows vista system and execute it from the desktop the Junk.swf
will not display. If I replace the Junk.swf with another SWF of the
same name created in Flash CS3 then it will display properly when
my test app is executed from either Flex or the desktop.
The contents of the loaded SWF don't appear to be an issue
since even the simplest of Flex3 SWFs fail to display.
Interestingly when I add listeners to the SWFLoader to
determine if any errors are happening no error events are sent, but
I do receive both the INIT and COMPLETE events which tells me that
the Junk.swf is found and loaded, just not displayed.
Any assistance or even ideas that I could try would be