0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2008 5:20 AM by fanny85

Problems with Flash Player on a telephone device

fanny85
      Hello,

I would like to display Flash content on public telephones (devices with a display (800x600) and a very limited hardware equipment (Unix, 16 bit depth color, only 1 SODIMM Socket with 128/512 MB SDRAM)). A Flash player 9 is installed.

I accomplished various tests with both flash 6 and flash 9 content and encountered two mayor problems:

1) When using the Flash Player 9 (which is preferred) the display shows a slightly visible background within the border of invisible objects. Obviously pixels with an alpha value of 0 are not displayed correctly.
      The problem occurs always:
      - when using a textfield with anti-aliasing for readability or custom anti-aliasing
      - when displaying MovieClips with alpha value = 0
      - when displaying textfields with filter effects applied on them (i.e. shadow effect)

We discovered that the above described problem is independent from the device and must be correlated to the color depth of 16 bit, because it can be easily reproduced by switching the color depth of the monitor from 32 bits to 16 bits (for instance when using the flash CS3 and flash player 9.0 under Windows.)
      Is that problem already known? What’s the solution for that?

2) Secondly, the content published as Flash 9 content (i.e. textfields animated with tweens) shows much poorer performance results than the equal content published for Flash 6. What’s the explanation for that phenomenon? Shouldn’t the AVM2 feature better performance results than the older AVM1?

I really hope you can get a clue out of that…

Thank you very much,
      Stefanie