7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2008 11:19 PM by UdoGre

Accessibility Behaviours

charliebhoy
      Hi all, I'm a newb 'here'.
      The problem I have is creating accessibility behaviours:
      1 add 'Acessibility Taget' ------ this was no problem.
      2 add 'Acessibility Group/Item/Keyboard' -------- I cant add any other behaviours theres no change in curser,
      I cant add to score or screen, or-screen nothing works.

I have tried numerous permutations all I can do is add 'Acessibility Taget'.
      I added all the extras available, via modify/movie.

Any Help would be grate full, I have tried a few website tutorials all gave the same procedure nothing worked
      I have Director MX 2004
      regards
      CharliebhoyISD

• 1. Re: Accessibility Behaviours
          Level 7
          > The problem I have is creating accessibility behaviours:
          > 1 add 'Acessibility Taget' ------ this was no problem.
          > 2 add 'Acessibility Group/Item/Keyboard' -------- I cant add any other
          > behaviours theres no change in curser,
          > I cant add to score or screen, or-screen nothing works.

Sorry, I don't understand your problem.
          You have a sprite on your stage/in your score and you've successfully
          attached the behaviors cited to it, but you want to add other behaviors
          and can't - is that a correct summary? If so, which other behaviors are
          you trying to attach, and what is the member type of the sprite in question?
          • 2. Re: Accessibility Behaviours
            charliebhoy Level 1
            Sorry, I don't understand your problem.
            You have a sprite on your stage/in your score and you've successfully
            attached the behaviors cited to it, but you want to add other behaviors
            and can't - is that a correct summary? If so, which other behaviors are
            you trying to attach, and what is the member type of the sprite in question?

Hi thanks Sean,
            Yes I have a stage with sprites and attached the first accessility behaviour and then no matter which other accessility behaviour I choose I cant add them, I have tried adding the 1st main behaviour to all sprite type an then the others all to no avail.
            • 3. Re: Accessibility Behaviours
              UdoGre
              Hi Charliebhoy,

I think I found the solution.

- You need to have a sprite with a graphics member for the target script. This works.
              - You need to have a sprite with an editable text member for the Keyboard script. Not the sprite has to be set to editable, but the member itself. There's two properties with the same name, but different objects.

HTH,

Udo
              • 4. Re: Accessibility Behaviours
                charliebhoy Level 1
                Hi Udo,
                I tried what you said, but still no joy sad;
                1 added the Accessibility to img sprite.
                2 I try to drag one of the others onto an editable sprite set edit=true.
                I get no high-light to drop onto anything no matter which sprite type I use.

regards
                Charliebhoy :
                • 5. Re: Accessibility Behaviours
                  Chunick Level 3
                  are you using flash components or the Director components? For some inane reason, Director from MX2004 and up sets the flash component set at the default toolset instead of the classic toolset. Most of the behaviors are built for the Director toolset.
                  • 6. Re: Accessibility Behaviours
                    charliebhoy Level 1
                    Hi Chunick,
                    Thanks for reply, I am just using Director 2004 components, could you explain how to change the toolset ?
                    " MX2004 and up sets the flash component set at the default toolset instead of the classic toolset"
                    I have download a demo with accessibilty and it works so maybe its the toolset. Will check out your stuff in a min.
                    Regards
                    Charliebhoy
                    • 7. Re: Accessibility Behaviours
                      UdoGre Level 1
                      Hi Charliebhoy,

On top of the toolbar you can toggle it between standard, classic and flash component. I'd recommend using classic there.
                      Flash assets can be recognized in the cast window by a colored icon (3 cubes).

HTH,

Udo