• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transfer watermark in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So created a watermark in photoshop a while ago and have now bought a new laptop. I downloaded CC and Photoshop etc etc etc. How do I transfer my watermark from my old computer to my new. I looked all over in the program files and couldn't find anything. I also did a full system file search for the watermark and found nothing as well.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Go to the little pull out gear on the brush pull out right there and Save Brush and give it a name. Perhaps you didn't save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the watermark in an action that you use? If so you can just go to the folder where the presets>actions are on your computer are and copy that action and transfer it to the new computer. If it isn't via an action, can you tell us what you mean by you created a watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its under brushes. I checked in the actions folder and its not there

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under that same preset folder there is a brushes folder. It should be there and you can copy it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I looked there first and its not there either.

Here is a screenshot of how I add my watermark ... hopefully that helps in locating it

PhotoShop-Watermark.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the little pull out gear on the brush pull out right there and Save Brush and give it a name. Perhaps you didn't save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps when it was saved, it got into another folder. You could try searching it by name. But since you want to transfer to a new computer, you might try saving them again - but when the save menu comes up, navigate to the desktop and maybe make a folder there and save all the brushes that you want to transfer to the new computer. Hope that resolves the issue for you. The screen shot doesn't really show me where they are saved, just that they are brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to make sure: Did you ever save the brush in an abr-file?

And why a Brush for a watermark anyway – would a Path in an Action or a custom shape not work for your logo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines