• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU requirements for CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GPU is high-end but very old and doesn't support CUDA so I only have software rendering right now without the hardware acceleration I need. I need to get a new GPU - on a budget! The Premiere requirements page has a list of recommended GPUs, but having searched around a bit, most no longer seem to be available to buy new. I'm guessing these are not current GPUs. The list on the After Effects requirements page lists completely different GPUs.

I have CC all apps so I need a GPU that can work well with all of them in the lower end price bracket. Is there a recommended list that covers all CC apps that lists currently available GPUs? If not are there any other recommendations? Do I just need any Nvidia with CUDA support?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're considering a new computer, i recommend you send your needs to puget systems and see what they recommend, https://www.pugetsystems.com/

if you're considering purchasing from this company, check their yelp reviews.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Hardware Forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not considering a new computer. I self-build. I just need a new GPU that will work well with all CC apps and other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at my Premiere Pro Benchmark (PPBM) results on GPU testing in Premiere Pro.  Now it is not that extensive but you can see a number of test results.  Of course the latest GTX 10xx series is what I would suggest.  I love the GTX 1060 so much that I bought a second one.  If that is too expensive look at the GTX 1050's

What CPU do you have as that is the most important item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current CPU is AMD FX 8350 8 core (works fine for all my software ATM inc. CC), but I am planning to upgrade to Ryzen in the future unless I win the lottery in which case I would go for a new Intel My work involves audio (music composer/song writer/producer, video production/mo-graph, 3D modeling/rendering, web development php/mysql/js (mainly), web design and graphics/photography. I previously had Adobe Creative Suite starting back in 2005/6 for visual media work, and Macromedia MX 2004 (yes I've been doing this for a while)  for web, web graphics and Flash. It's my first time back with Adobe/Ex Macromedia for a long time! So you can tell I'll be using most of the CC apps and so need a lower cost GPU that will be suitable across the board.

The GTX 1050's may be in the right ball park. Thanks for that. Is CUDA and obviously open gl etc all I need? And then it's just a matter of as much GPU speed and memory as I can afford? What are the Adobe recommendations based on other than obsolete hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

al35mm  wrote

What are the Adobe recommendations based on other than obsolete hardware?

I have never seen anything from Adobe for older equipment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines