Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Canvas - "mailto" button code not triggering email client on iPhone

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working (in Animate CC 2017) on a mobile "placeholder" page and need to have a button which will allow for direct email (ie a "mailto" link). The page in progress is here:

http://christianhubert.com/mobile/

Clicking the email address in the yellow bar on the bottom works properly on my desktop, but not on my phone - it just brings up a blank browser window.

I tried adding the "Click To Go To Webpage" HTML5 snippet to a transparent button laid over the email address and replaced the http with mailto code:

this.button_1.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_3);

function fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_3() {

window.open("mailto:info@christianhubert.com", "_blank");

}

This made the email address clickable with the desired result on my mac, but not on iPhone.  What code would I need to add to make the email address clickable on mobile?

Thanks,

Colin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Check this discussion:

html - Safari mailto: "This website has been blocked from automatically composing an email." - Stack Overflow

That would suggest that an HTML5 component button might work, as a worse case.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other Colin here.

If you try Safari on Mac you'll see that a message comes up saying that your page was blocked from automatically composing an email. I expect that will either error silently on iPhone, or if you close the new tab you will then see the message.

So, some sort of security issue going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check this discussion:

html - Safari mailto: "This website has been blocked from automatically composing an email." - Stack...

That would suggest that an HTML5 component button might work, as a worse case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines