• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6 won't let me open and edit any recently saved gifs/pngs?

Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've browsed through these forms and a few other photoshop forms about this issue but they've all said more or less the same thing. I doubt this has anything to do with any plug ins as I can still open and edit gifs and pngs just not the ones I've saved recently.

I open photoshop and go to open a new image but when I get to my files the png/gif I want to edit doesn't even show up in my files, despite that they show up in my files outsider of photoshop. All of the other pngs and gifs I've saved are there, but I the ones I've saved in the last day are invisible.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Or how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly, this happens in Windows File > Open, where you set the file type from *.* (All Files) to a particular file type like jpg.

All Jpegs are shown, but all other files are hidden.  Set it to "All Files"

open-file-dialog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I already have all files being shown. I've even changed it to only show gifs or pngs to see if I could find it there but they still won't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me a screenshot of the Open dialog and the File Manager window where you see the files?

Also if you go to File > Open Recent in Photoshop, do you see the files you worked on before in the list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent in photoshop hows the files I've worked on last are there but that's not really my problem, they're mostly saved .psd images.

Things have gotten even weirder though. Now when I try to open it in photoshop it doesn't appear nor does it appear in the File Manger but it does appear when I am trying to save another image...

The image that I'm looking for is entitled "snow one" and is a gif image. I just tried to troubleshoot one more time and when I saved the image to a different folder it appeared in all folders and allowed me to open and edit in photoshop. Do you have any idea what this could be?

At this point, I'm not sure screenshots would be helpful because the problem is somewhat fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows knowledge is kind of basic (I use MacOS), but good to know you made progress. No shoots needed if you got it under control.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, maybe were you looking in a similarly named folder that wasn't the correct one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unforchently, no that's not the case. But thank you anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines