1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2017 5:17 AM by Akash Sharma

Adobe Photoshop CC won't recognize Wacom CTE-440 tablet pen pressure. But Elements does!

JoeQuint Level 1

I have Windows 10, Adobe Photoshop CC 2017, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and a Wacom tablet CTE-440. The pen tablet works fine in both apps but it's an older tablet and the driver is no longer supported for 10. I've spent a lot of time trying to find the older drivers, running things in compatibility mode for Windows 7, putting a setup file in the Adobe settings folder, etc.

I feel there is a solution someplace because Elements pen pressure works just fine but in CC it does not work. Since they are both using the same tablet and pen drivers and both are Adobe Photoshop products, why does CC not support pen pressure but Elements does? There is an exclamation point next to the pen pressure brush settings in CC. Is there a way to find out which pen settings or driver each is using?

Before I spend a lot of money on a new tablet, I want to see if there is a fix for this. I'm also concerned that buying another tablet will also raise the same issue if the older tablet wasn't the problem to begin with.

Note that with this older tablet there is no Wacom Tablet Settings icon in Control Panel and there isn't any Windows Ink checkbox anyplace.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Untitled-1.jpg

• 1. Re: Adobe Photoshop CC won't recognize Wacom CTE-440 tablet pen pressure. But Elements does!
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi JoeQuint,

As you've mentioned that the tablet drivers are no longer supported fon Windows 10, so we'll not be able to test and update the same in production environment.

Since they are both using the same tablet and pen drivers and both are Adobe Photoshop products, why does CC not support pen pressure but Elements does? There is an exclamation point next to the pen pressure brush settings in CC. Is there a way to find out which pen settings or driver each is using?

We test the latest products like Photoshop CC on all operating system and do provide updates as well, however an outdated tablet driver won't be compatible with an updated product unlike Photoshop elements 6 which is quite old now and the drivers may or not work with it, in your case it works fine.Please consider upgrading your tablet and make sure it supported in both the products.

Thanks,

Akash