• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 Cursor Problem With GPU Acceleration Enabled (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me? CAPS is not on, I've reset my brushes twice, rebooted my Mac, there aren't any updates to run. I don't know what to do and I have an entire senior gallery I need to edit today.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% and with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Brush, Brush Presets, Options Bar, …) visible?

Can you brush or is your issue only the missing indicator?

What els have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

When I turn on caps and then turn off, there will be a circle but as soon as I move the mouse, the crosshair appears.

Is this what you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

What are your Cursors Preferences settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me give that a try....thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thank you so very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off »Use Graphics Processor« is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool for example, some Filter acceleration etc.) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped you get on with your work. When you have a spare minute I'd recommend switching the preference back on to see if it's still an issue. If it is then you may want to try updating your graphics card driver. This can be done via the system

preferences on Mac or via a Control panel on Windows.

all the best,

Angie Taylor | Creative Cabin Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Angie, nice to see you posting here.  You are one of the nice things to come out of Video2Brain's English language titles being absorbed by Lynda.com.

I'll edit the subject line for this thread to see if we can get some help with the Mac video card driver.  As c.p. says, you lose a lot of functionality with GPU acceleration turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor, thanks for your lovely message and welcome 🙂 it's nice to be back here on the Forums after such a long break. So nice to see some friendly faces again. All the best, I hope you get your GPI sorted soon 🙂

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try turning off the graphics acceleration in the preferences, it seems to cause all sorts of display-related glitches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, Angie, I will try that. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines