• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Call custom C++ plugin methods from C# application.

Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a custom C++ plugin that loads in Illustrator CC 2017.

I have another application in C# and I am able to call Illustrator methods by including type library (tlb) in my project. This works fine.

Now I want to call the methods of custom C++ plugin from C# application. Is there a way to update type library so that it includes methods from my plugin? Or any other way to call custom methods of plugin.

Thanks for any help,

VG

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not really an Illustrator SDK question. You would probably get better answers asking in a C# forum:

I have a C++ dll and a C# application. How do I call functions in the C++ dll from the C# application? Do I need to create a type library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input.

I have been working in c# application and using COM interface to do certain things in illustrator but I am seeing some performance issue.

I found out that there is a method DoJavaScriptFile which is used to call the script. so I am wondering may be there is a way to call the plugin methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use sendScriptMessage, see third reply:

sendScriptMessage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I will try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines