4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2008 1:01 PM by Scottey

embeded video

Scottey
      I am extremely new to flash and i have several books laying on my desk but I can't figure this out. I created my first animation with success, YEA, and now I need to place a small snippet of a movie I created into the animated pieces. The pieces are not square and I don't need to the movie to start until all my assets have stopped moving, although that would be pretty cool if the movie would start while the buttons were flying in! Can someone direct me to some resources? I am willing to learn and don't need someone to do it for me. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
        • 1. Re: embeded video
          Shandy Elliott Level 1
          I'm guessing your "movie" you refer to is a swf file. I'm also guessing you are moving your buttons around with tweened frames. You can't add external video within a button, but you can add a movie clip (which has animation) onto a button state. If you notice in my example, I have create a movie clip (blue), and a button (brownish). The movie clip will load an external swf file (movie1.swf) into it. I created some crude tween to simulate some animation. I have it coded to either load movie1.swf at the beginning of the tween or when the tween is finished. I placed notes in the flash file to further explain this.

The button I created has a movie clip within it (it's really just a copy of movie1.swf with different colors - but this is not an external video file - it's in the library of main.fla - I hope that's not confusing). Anyway, my examples are at http://www.shan-dysigns.com/flash/movieInButton.zip Let me know if this helps you out or if you have questions. Certain things may change when applying this to what you already have created. When you open the zip file, the main flash file is "main" and the secondary flash file is "movie1".
          • 2. Re: embeded video
            Scottey Level 1
            thanks for your reply. I see what you did, but I don't need the movie to show until the movement has stopped. I just need to figure out how to put a movie file (swf) into that button. The button is shaped like a puzzle piece so that is my difficulty. Any other thoughts?
            • 3. Re: embeded video
              Shandy Elliott Level 1
              "I don't need the movie to show until the movement has stopped"

Well, if you read the notes I placed in frame 1, I tell you how to make the video load only after the tweening has stopped.

"I just need to figure out how to put a movie file (swf) into that button"

I also showed you how to put a movie clip into a button (brownish) - you can't place an external video clip or swf file into a button. It doesn't matter the shape of the button (unless you want the movie clip to be masked by the shape of the button which means if the button is a circle, then the movie clip would show in a circle and not its original shape). are you saying you only want the video to show in the same shape as the puzzle piece?
              • 4. Re: embeded video
                Scottey Level 1
                OOPS sorry I didn't look in the actual file, just the movie. I will investigate this.
                scott