• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Import Into Media Encoder Failed

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently when I try to import my composition into Media Encoder CC 2017, it doesn't work. Sometimes I get an error message saying "Connecting to Dynamic Server Link Failed" and sometimes I don't. I have my error logs from one of the times it hasn't worked HERE. It has always worked before a little while ago. I tried reinstalling both programs with no luck. I am running After Effects CC 2017 and Media Encoder CC 2017. Here is a screenshot of what happens:

Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try ditching the prefs? When you reinstalled, did you reinstall AE and AME? Did you click on the option to remove the preferences and settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that is sometimes a pain but I've had failures with the dynamic link and usually, I've closed down the apps, went to task manager to ensure there were not duplicate instances running, and even rebooting.  Those actions have always corrected it.

Based on what you have said, you've gone further than that by even reinstalling but I suppose still worth mentioning.

Has this been happening consistently even after the install?

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only started happening recently. I don't believe I updated any of the two apps. I have tried those methods, and, unfortunately, with no luck. Thank you anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  My mistake.  I thought your response above was that you had reinstalled.

If you have not, that would be the next logical step, to at least reinstall/install again AME.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, let me correct myself. I have reinstalled both programs AND done the steps you proposed in your comment before with no luck. Sorry about the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wheresmymailbox,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely sorry for this delayed response, I had some family business to attend. As for kirkeric's previous question, I am running version 14.2.1.34 for After Effects and build 11.1.2.35 for Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wheresmymailbox,

Sorry for your issues. Please contact our agents for assistance: Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines