4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2017 6:12 AM by macenpav

Lightroom and Photoshop on different multiple computers

macenpav Level 1

Hi,

I have the Photography cloud subscription for PS and LR, which includes licenses for 2 machines. On my home computer I have both PS and LR, then on my travel laptop I have just LR (not PS), because I filter photos very quickly there, but lately I thought that I could install PS on a 3rd machine - work laptop, because I am currently using it only on a single machine, but it seems that the license applies for LR+PS as a bundle for 2 machines and not separately.

Is it possible to have LR on 2 machines and PS on 2 different machines?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Lightroom and Photoshop on different multiple computers
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can do what you want if you toggle activations. You're right in that the software is activated together as a bundle. It can be activated on no more than two machines at the same time.

If you deactivate (Help > Sign Out) (but keep it installed) on your travel laptop you can then activate it (Help > Sign In) on the 3rd computer. You then deactivate on the 3rd computer and re-activate on the travel laptop.

How are you managing your Lightroom catalog(s) between machines?

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom and Photoshop on different multiple computers
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No... installing and activating on #2 means that you may not do so on #3 at the same time

You may, however, sign OUT of your account on #2 and then sign IN to your account on #3 to use the program(s) there

Added... Grin... the other John beat me to the Reply button

2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Lightroom and Photoshop on different multiple computers
              macenpav Level 1

Thanks guys,

well in that case it sounds more like using it on 3 machines by signing in/out. I originally just wanted to use it on 2 machines, but separately, which doesn't sound like violating the license, where as singing in and out kind of does .

• 4. Re: Lightroom and Photoshop on different multiple computers
                macenpav Level 1

As for the syncing... well I have a NAS storage with all the photos and catalogues and an external USB drive with whatever I'm currently working on (pretty much stuff from the last 2 years). All the work is done on the external drive, so I just reconnect the drive to whatever computer I'm using and then I have a pretty simple rsync (linux) script which syncs the external drive with the NAS storage, which is raid-1 (mirrored) and has all the data.

So, I'm pretty much just using the USB drive and syncing it mostly for backup. The USB drive maps differently when I change machines, but it's enough for LR to find one photo and it maps the rest.