2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2017 5:11 AM by Abambo

Chinese font problem

carlod5770398

Hi,

I'm working on a Chinese movie in Europe and I have a problem with Chinese fonts in photoshop.

I have an RTF text and I copy/paste the text in photoshop. While After Effects recognize the characters correctly, photoshop doesn't and some characters are missing. I'm using the same exact font in both software. I tried different Chinese font options but they all work in After Effects (and any word processors), not in Photoshop.

Any idea?

• 1. Re: Chinese font problem
          carlod5770398 Level 1

Update: Heiti SC seems to work in photoshop but I would like to use Heiti STD with simplified Chinese, which works in after effects...

• 2. Re: Chinese font problem
            Abambo Adobe Community Professional

What version of Photoshop and After Effects are you using? What platform?

For Chinese fonts, I have found that the best font is Source Han Sans (Source Han Sans - Wikipedia ) from Adobe - Noto Sans CJK from Google. They are the same. There exists also a serif version now.

The advantage of these fonts are:

• they are freely available as open source fonts
            • they have a complete Asian characters set (the most complete I ever saw)
            • they are available with the code page of your choice as default, which may be your problem with your font.
            • they are available in different weights.
            • they are simply beautiful.

More information on this: FAQs about fonts | Adobe Type .

BTW: SC seams to be "simplified Chinese", isn't it?