5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2008 4:40 PM by kglad

Flash not sending Vars in POST

Pinkmischief
      Hi i am trying to do a flash login system , Now at the moment i have 1 textfield and 1 button ( both are simple drawn out ie.. not components from within flash)

Now as you can see i have appended the username ( textfield to the end of the URL for testing purpose) to see if Dataout.username has any value and if the page can see it, Now it works fine with $_GET but when i use $_POST method in AS it simply will not echo out Dataout.username in once the PHP page is opened. Here is the PHP code.
      The printed out $_POST global just comes out as Array() showing that nothing is inside $_POST, So i am thinking that Flash is not POST,ing the Var Dataout.username to the page.

<?php
      //Assign username and password to Vars.
      $username = $_POST['username'];
      $password = $_POST['password'];
      //Print out the username
      echo ("Hello ".$username);
      //Display all the vars contained in POST global.
      print_r($_POST);
      ?>

ActionScript Below contained in Button Layer :
      Thanks
        • 1. Flash not sending Vars in POST
          Pinkmischief Level 1
          Ahh i think i found the answer if im using POST method do i need to export the movie to the webfolder first ?

Or can i simply test in browser and it should work then ?

Ok flash confuses me more and more lol i exported the swf and then opened it in my browser all items display but the getURL() function is not working , However when i test in browser from within the development environment it works fine :S

Thanks Pinky. ;)
          • 2. Re: Flash not sending Vars in POST
            DLMAES
            You will want to test the send form live from your server... and yes get url from the browser wont work unless test live from your server as well.
            • 3. Flash not sending Vars in POST
              Pinkmischief Level 1
              Hi i tested it from a page on my localhost i setup you can access it here
              http://crms.no-ip.info/flash

The square block is the button i havent labelled any fields or buttons yet.
              The username field has an instance name of username should i change that to UserInput and the var input field be username ?
              i tried changing the Var field in Flash to username and instance name of UserInput and still i cant retrieve the values from the PHP page?
              When the PHP page loads and opens you will see in the url username="your input" so i know flash is passing it to the page when i manually append it to it :S

Just a bit more information when i trace(Dataout) i receive username=my input in the trace im just wondering is that the correct format for posting to a page ?

it opens the PHP in a new page also

Thanks for your reply :)
              • 4. Re: Flash not sending Vars in POST
                DLMAES Level 1
                I'm not sure why it's not passing the values for those fields, take a look at what I use for a simple form mail in flash:
                • 5. Re: Flash not sending Vars in POST
                  kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  use different loadvars instances to send and receive.