• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Not Loading - Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to preview slides earlier, now I get the local host and the circle of death. Does this just mean the preview system is down? Is there a way to fix it? I have closed Captivate and reopened but that did not work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a responsive or a normal project? You talk about local host, but did you already try to publish and check the published output? It happened already for me as well, that the Preview was very sloppy, but the output worked fine, especially for HTML5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a responsive project, even when I try to publish it I cannot get it to open and test the responsive elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After publishing do you test locally or after uploading to a webserver or a LMS (in case of a SCO)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, it appeared to be a problem with the file. I did the project over and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a known issue with this? I've spent hours on a project only to suddenly have it not preview or export. Extremely dissapointing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem  happening here. Am at the stage of deleting captivate!

Must be a known issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me ... very disappointed ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on MACs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue not on a mac. Any Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more details about your specific issue.  Which preview are you talking about?  Which type of output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the exact same problem. In the end there was a problem with a drag and drop slide. I never did figure out what the issue was but i rebuilt the slide without using the drag and drop wizard and it works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. When I contacted Adobe they told me that it is a problem with Chrome. I find it funny though that it's working one day and not the next. This is what I did to fix it and I am having no problems now.

1. Open Chrome, then click the three-dot icon at the top-right.
  2. From the menu, click Settings > Advanced.
  3. From Privacy and security options, scroll down and click on Content settings.
  4. Click on the Flash option (It must be set at the Ask first setting).
  5. In the Allow section, click Add.
  6. In the Site field, type http://localhost, then click Add.
  7. Return to Captivate, click Preview > In Browser. It should work now.

Unfortunately, this might need to be done every time new updates are installed on the computer.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to repeat my comments, since you posted exactly the same workflow in another thread:

"Thanks for posting this workflow, which is due ot Flash security settings. If you publish to the default paths set by Captivate it isn't even necessary. What is necessary is to check the Browser to see if the Flash Player is enabled.

Hopefully you'll not be insulted when I tell that for a HTML5 project, this is not important however. There is a problem of misunderstanding with normal, non-responsive projects. The only Preview method for those projects, using HTML5 output is 'Preview HTML5 in Browser' 'F11). All other Preview methods use the Flash output, and are not really useful. This is not the case for responsive projects where all Preview mehtods use HTML5 output since there is no possibility to publish those projects to SWF.

I sincerely hope that next versions will allow to use HTML5 output for all Preview methods, will log another feature request."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall from here

Google Drive - Virus scan warning

That's what the support did for me and it works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with:

Windows 10, PC, Cap 2017 , Responsive Project 1280 620.

I experienced the same issue, what I found was that the Drag and Drop was hindering me from previewing and publishing as everything was functioning fine until I added Drag and Drop using Interactions | Drag and Drop. 

I deleted the slide and worked fine, I continued troubleshooting and I found that the button sound that I was trying to use attached to the drop target  didn't work well, I re-imported the sound and this slide worked just fine. 

If your case is slightly different, just delete the drag and drop and try previewing again. This should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with 10.0.1.285. The piece will not preview. it just spins.  I have had several people to check my settings in Captivate and on my PC and no one can find anything.  I copied the slides into a new project and I am still having the same issue. It took me several hours to build this piece and to record the many voice-overs.  Can someone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to view this locally, upload your published output to a web server or an LMS and test it from there.  You may be running into issues with browser security interfering with local playback.  The output is actually intended to be played from a web server, so it's always best to test from that environment, otherwise you can be chasing your tail forever looking for the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problems, six (simular) files. Edditing, previewing last week was fine. But since 17 sept 2018 preview is generating output but it wil not show in Safari. Than Captivate keeps hanging and I need to use a 'force stop'. The published content files eported to a LMS also start but will not open. Four out of six files and output works. I have the 'start playing' disabled in all projects. Try to fixs this since monday but no result. Safari on Mac IE and Croome it is all not working since 17 sept 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources