2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 3:40 PM by zacharyr30798184

Locating /img directory using window.resolveLocalFileSystemURL

zacharyr30798184 Level 1

I'm pretty new to working with Phonegap and have encountered a problem trying to find files/folders when working with the cordova.file plugin.

I'm using Phonegap Desktop and testing on an Android device. I want to check my the app /img directory to see if a file exists, but I am having trouble finding the proper url of the directory. This /img directory is where all my index.html src links point to just to clarify.

The following code produces a file found for 'index.html' :

window.resolveLocalFileSystemURL(cordova.file.applicationDirectory, function (fs){

fs.getFile("www/index.html", { create: false }, function (fe){

alert("file exists");

}, function(){

alert("file does not exist");

});

}, function(){});

However trying to search for something like 'www/img/file.png' doesn't work. Obviously I'm doing something completely wrong here as I don't have a firm grasp of where img resources are mapped. Where should I be referencing in order to view the /img directory contents on the device?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am using the Phonegap Mobile App to test on the Android device.

EDIT2: After some testing I have found a way to reference files using the 'cordova.file.dataDirectory'. After checking the document.url it appears the application files are stored in a directory "phonegapdevapp/www/". I checked this /img folder here and it works.

window.resolveLocalFileSystemURL(cordova.file.dataDirectory, function (fs){

fs.getFile("phonegapdevapp/www/img/file.png", { create: false }, function (fe){

alert("file exists");

}, function(){

alert("file does not exist");

});

}, function(){});

While this is fine for testing, I'm wondering how this will work when the app is actually deployed. Obviously I won't be referencing "phonegapdevapp/www/" in the actual build version. Is there a better way to reference this location?

Again, sorry for so many updates and changes. I'm truly a beginner when it comes to Phonegap.